So you waited until the last minute, and now you’re stuck trying to get a decent holiday gift to your clients and customers in time.
Never fear! Your solution is right here!
Some of the most unique and appreciated client gifts can be given right now. No shopping, wrapping, or delivery required. All you need is internet access and a nice e-card site.
Pick one or several of the gifts on this list, then send your customer a cheery e-card explanation.
- Write a glowing review of your customer’s business, products, or services on Yelp (or similar service).
- Recommend or endorse your client on LinkedIn.
- Leave thoughtful comments on your client’s as-yet-uncommented-upon blog posts.
- Feature your customer on your website.
- Record a short video testimonial and send it to your client for use on their website.
- Promote your customer on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media.
- Place a large order for your client’s products or services to be used or gifted in the coming year.
- Arrange an introduction between your client and a potential strategic partner. Bonus points for picking up the tab.
- Send your customer a written testimonial along with a photo of you (preferably making use of their products or services) with permission to use them on their website and in promotional materials.
- Identify 5 – 10 solid leads for your client, then call, e-mail, or send a letter highlighting the reasons your client would be a great fit for them.
- Send a note to your customer’s boss or superior praising your customer’s work and abilities.
- Nominate your client for an award or recognition.
- Give them a promotional boost in a space they aren’t currently occupying, (ie, set them up on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, LinkedIn — anywhere they might benefit from having a presence).
So don’t despair. There’s still time to give your clients and customers something they will love, love, love!
Learn more about strategic marketing, branding, and business services from HugSpeak.
What creative gifts are you giving your clients this holiday season? What would you like to receive from your business partners? Share your thoughts below.